Thursday 10 December 2009

Hello...

Welcome to my amateur and ramshackle blog.
The aim of this blog is upload my ongoing psych compilation project.

Rather than simply uploading compilations I thought Id present my own.
These are not meant to be throughly researched specific comps in the vain of 'Midwest Garage bands Fuzz frenzy Jan 66' or 'English baroque canterbury psych vol 5'

These compilations include the full range of good psych from anywhere of any style between 1965-71. The title Psych, crackle and pop is a pretty accurate description of the contents. Apologies if the selection is random and wide. My only criteria is great music that I enjoy from pops most fertile era.

Dont expect any Grateful Dead wig-outs or tedious rock operas. As Ive always believed that side of 'Psychedelia' was the the beginning of the end...

For your listening pleasure all the tracks have been balanced and tweaked for continuity.
(e.g. If a track as virtually no bass, then a little is added)

There isn't a end to series. Im a busy chap so I will just keep adding to the site as and when I can. Will start with 6 volumes.

Would love hear comments and suggestions. I hope these comps act as samplers of the bands included so people go out and investigate their back catalogue.

Cheers
Bobby

8 comments:

  1. Hey Bobby,sounds like you and I are on the same page with your idea making these comps with the full range of good psych from anywhere of any style between 1965-71. I like that. I make comps like this for myself all the time. Your off to a good start with your blog. Thank you for sharing your music. If I have any ideas or suggestions,I'll let you know.Regards, John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobby,
    These comps are AMAZING! I'm in love with every track. Thank you so much.
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Im trying to go for quality rather than quantity. Thats why there's only 7 so far. Volumes 8 & 9 are on their way.

    Thanks for the comments. There's been lots of downloads of the albums but it's much nicer when people leave a comment or better still become a follower
    Cheers
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have put together some nice compilations of various forms of "psych". I have d/l two of them and am listening as I work. Psych(e) has always been a strange area of music to listen to for me, although I have a great deal of it. I think these comps are as good as many I have purchased, with variety and the songs cleaned up. Thank you so very much for your hard work, I know it is time consuming and hard work. The only thing that keeps you going at it is you love the result. Keep at it, I love the result too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comps are great, and introduced me to many cool bands that I'd never heard of - thanks for the effort (and your good taste ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm imprestoed Sir Bob.
    Johnny Lawson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bobby - these comps really are excellent. You seem to have managed to find great stuff that's still relatively unfamiliar - no easy feat.

    I'm enjoying the first volume a lot right now and looking forward to hearing the rest.

    More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaagh!!! Just discovered your fab site. The familiar, the unfamiliar and the "Oh goood grief!" all mingling together. Alas, many of your links seem to be dead. I hope this is not a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete